Parents Association – Scoil Naomh Iosaf
The Parents Association of Scoil Naomh Iosaf works in partnership with the school authorities to promote a happy and caring community where our students are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential. The school promotes the development of the whole child by seeking to cultivate the necessary skills for life, by valuing discipline and punctuality and by facilitating the best in academic and non-academic areas.
Our main aim is to work with the School Principal, Staff and Board of Management to build effective co-operation and partnership between the home and school by promoting the interests of the students in our school.
The Parents Association elects a Committee consisting of a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. We hold an Annual General Meeting (usually in October) and the Association generally meets once a term. The elected committee manage the responsibilities of the Association on behalf of all the parents of the school.
- Foster good relations between parents, teachers, students, the Principal and Board of Management
- Encourage parental involvement and participation in cultural, social and sporting activities through parternship between parents, teachers and school management
- Engage in fundraising activities to help provide financial assistance to school when needed
- Offer programmes, information etc to parents, which might help them fulfil their role as primary educators of their children
The following are some of the activities that our Parents Association may be involved in:
- Providing support/organisational input to major school events e.g. our annual school show, Communion Breakfast, Halloween Party etc
- Organising events for new school parents and students
- Organising annual school book sale
- Organising annual school uniform recycling day
- Organising fund raising events when necessary
- Contributing to the school newsletter
- Channelling parents views on school issues to the Principal
Last and by no means least there is a great social aspect to being involved in our Parents Association – it’s a great way for parents to get to know fellow parents – lots of lasting and rewarding friendships have stemmed from our meetings and subsequent coffee mornings. We would strongly encourage parents to come to our meetings or if you can’t make these contact any member of the committee if you would like to get involved in any other way – we are always looking for assistance when running events.
Committee Members 2018/19
NPC Liaison Officer